I carry around my makeup bag everywhere, but most of those products don’t fit the “TSA 3-ounce rule;” so I am unable to take them on a plane which means I worry about looking my best when I arrive to my destination, which is Paris this summer by the way.
So here are my 5 Top Beauty Tips to keep you looking fabulous when your plane lands on your next special trip.
1. Freshen Up – I like to see if makeup has strayed anywhere and clean it up before reapplying my makeup. Handy and compact, i.d. On the Spot eye makeup remover by Bare Essentials is infused with an alcohol-free formula that contains Aloe Vera and Vitamin E for sensitive eyes; and it is important to be take care of your skin in the low-humidity, dry-air environment of a pressurized plane cabin.
2. Brighten Up – Fight those pesky under-eye circles with a little touch-up of concealer. I use Amazing Cosmetics Concealer which is waterproof and perfect for any airport reunions that may have some tears. Remember to apply by starting at the inner corner (the inside of the bridge of your nose) and working to the outer edge of your eye.
3. Sport Some Color – Swipe some color on your lips with Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo. I do a natural look when jetting so I love the Neutral – Lychee shades in a light and more dramatic pink.
4. Get Polished – Get rid of any shine on your beautiful face with Guerlain Meteorites Travel Touch Voyage Powder. A smaller version of the iconic Meterorites pearls, this lush powder formula leaves skin matte and translucent and the packaging is beautiful.
5. Get Scented– Before I leave any plane, I like to get scented and dab on my favorite scent. Lately, I am all about solid perfumes and in particular Tocca’s Bianca fragrance with the wonderful notes of Green Tea, Sugar and Mandarin. Putting on my personal scent gets me centered and refreshed; ready to start my new adventure. Remember to be polite when applying fragrance in public, and here are my Top 5 Fragrance Etiquette Tips.
While you are traveling don’t forget to hydrate and drink plenty of water the day before your trip. And you can always leave your house with a leave-in conditioner in your hair. Wrap it in a scarf, and you’ll get a deep-conditioning treatment while you earn the miles — excellent for combating the overly dry air on board.
I hope everyone’s is having a wonderful summer!