Lips are the new ‘accessories’ this fall season and with so many bold hues available there is a color out there for every personality.
In no particular order, here are the top trends for the season:
- Matte Reds – A sophisticated red, like NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil in Mysterious Red goes perfectly with the sparkly eyeshadow seen on the runways. The matte finish looks sophisticated and even brings out your inner movie starlet.
- Plums – Deep rich plums are here in statement making shades such as Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Venom. This ‘look at me’ color works best with a matching lipliner to stay in place and pairs well with simple mascara and perhaps a leather motorcycle jacket that is a must-have fashion piece for fall.
- Nude Lipstick – With the cat eye back in fashion this season, the arrival of Nude Lipstick is very timely since it can be paired with heavy eyeliner, mascara or even a dark shadow. TOPSHOP Sheer Lipstick in Swirl is a solid choice in any makeup bag.
- Rich Chocolate – Beige grows up and goes glam as seen at Phillip Lim for Fall 2013 and looks smashing in Bobbi Brown’s Sheer Color Lip Gloss in Rich Chocolate.
- Spicy Pinks – These new kids on the block make your old pink look downright simple, with a fresh take these more dramatic pinks make a statement and Lancome L’Absolu’ Rouge in Misty Rose provides hydration and a boost of Vitamin E to keeps lips drenched all day.
So what new shade will you be wearing this fall season?